Just like you and me, fine jewellery needs to be maintained in order to age gracefully and last many years. Here's a guide we've prepared to help you care for your Coco Luna products.
Caring for your jewels
Coco Luna jewellery is delicate and should be handled carefully. When not wearing your jewellery, be sure to store it in the Coco Luna pouch it came in.
Always remove your jewellery when:
- Applying scents, cosmetics, lotions and sprays.
- Gardening or exercising as they may be scratched, chipped or bent out of shape when force is applied.
- Showering, bathing or swimming in the pool as the chlorine will tarnish it. Even solid gold doesn’t like Chlorine.
- Cleaning, washing up or when doing seriously messy cooking. Chemicals and some household substances can weaken metal or damage natural gemstones.
- Sleeping! Always take your jewellery off before sleeping.
Sunlight can damage jewellery, ensure your jewellery does not stay in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
TREATING IT WELL
A gentle clean with a soft 100% cotton cloth is ideal for maintaining your jewellery’s shine.
To clean your jewellery grab a small bowl, pour in some warm water, a splash of gentle soap and stir. Place your jewellery in the solution for 1 minute, rinse with clean water, then polish with a soft 100% cotton cloth and pat completely dry.
Gemstones, Opals & Pearls: Since many gemstones are quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times. We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. Stones such as pearls should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only. Avoid exposing your pearl jewellery to extreme heat or cold as this may cause the stone to contract or expand and can loosen the setting. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Professional cleaning is recommend at least once every 6 months to keep items looking their best.